Monday, September 21, 2009

MEATLESS MONDAY- VEGETARIAN CHILI

Today we did not end up doing a Muffin Tin Monday (I actually forgot it was Monday.)

For dinner I was searching for a good meatless recipe. I figured that I already had some organic kidney beans so, vegetarian chili sounded great. I came across a recipe for Vegetarian Chili with butternut squash. I had bought the butternut squash to make another recipe, but this one kind of intrigued me.

I did change a few things in the recipe. I added water instead of using vegetable stock. I added carrots and tomatoes from my garden. I also used kidney beans instead of the black beans. We it was all cooked, I served it over some whole wheat organic pasta. It actually was better than I thought it would be. My husband even liked it, but said that next time a little less butternut squash.I would definitely try this recipe again. It was a great meal to start off the Fall season!!!



0 comments:

screen

About Me

My photo
I spend most of my time with my wonderful little boy (aka The Munchkin' Man). I consider myself to be an eco friendly person that is trying to improve my son's world a little at a time. In my spare time..haha.. I am a Stampin' Up Demonstrator.