Sunday, August 9, 2009

MY GRANDMOTHER'S ZUCCHINI BREAD

The first time I ever heard of zucchini bread was during one time when my Grandparent's came down to stay with us for a couple weeks. Although they were guests at our house, my Grandmother ALWAYS cooked. My mom always had her make Chicken and Olives. She was a wonderful cook and also baker. One day she told me that she was going to make zucchini bread. My reaction was "YUCK." I could not believe that something with grated zucchini would taste good! Well, was I wrong. I made sure I was a good little girl and tried the bread my darling Grandmother made..... YUMMY! I loved it! To this day when I here anything about zucchini bread it makes me think of her. I do miss her so!! I wish that she was here to meet my son! I know she is looking down (every once and awhile- she is probably busy up there) and is happy that I am passing on the tradition of making zucchini bread!

Below is the recipe that was in my Grandmother's recipe book.

Ingredients:

1 cup vegetable oil

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 cups shredded zucchini

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

3 teaspoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons vanilla


1. Combine all ingredients completely

2. Grease 2 loaf pans

3. Bake approximately 55 minutes in a 350 degree over- check after 50 minutes- test center with a cake tester, it should come out dry.

*** I used a flower shaped tube from Pampered Chef, 2 mini loaf pans and a medium pan, with this recipe :)

I hope that you enjoy this recipe and if you have a favorite memory that goes along with a recipe from your Grandmother, please share!!!

1 comments:

Upstatemamma said...

My grandma used to make zucchini bread too. I have not thought about that in years.

screen

About Me

My photo
I spend most of my time with my wonderful little boy (aka The Munchkin' Man). I consider myself to be an eco friendly person that is trying to improve my son's world a little at a time. In my spare time..haha.. I am a Stampin' Up Demonstrator.